Project: Fire Escape Project
School: Albermarle Primary School (SW19)
The school needed to replace their external fire escapes and simultaneously add external walkways to improve access. The school had no experience with this type of project and no contacts to draw upon for quotes. Given the tight six week timeframe, this was proving a challenging project for school.
- Replace fire escapes while adding external walkways
- School hadn’t embarked on a project of similar scale before
- Tight schedule
We needed to find a metal fabrication company that had experience of working in schools and could complete the project within the six-week school holiday. We had a perfect match for the job – a contractor with a great reputation. Due to our strong relationship with them, which had been built up over 60 previous projects, we knew they would be able to complete in time. We ensured they had a clear specification and that all milestones were in place. Throughout the project, we kept up communications to ensure everything went smoothly.
- Found specific contractor with an excellent reputation
- Ensured the timetable would be met
- Kept up communications throughout
The school was able to reopen on time as the entire project was delivered ahead of schedule. Not only was the work completed on budget but also to an excellent specification with no snagging. All stakeholders were very pleased with the work.
- Project delivered ahead of schedule
- Work completed on budget
- Excellent quality of work